Key role specific requirements:
- Assist in developing a technical and sales team for Bimeda's evolving aquatic animal health business unit
- Develop business opportunities in the global aquaculture sector
- Provide technical support in fish vaccinology to move Bimeda closer to becoming a recognized leader in the field
- Provide veterinary services to clients around the US and internationally
- Participate and coordinate clinical trials
- Represent Bimeda in industry and professional associations and meetings.
- Grow and direct a team to service the aquaculture sector in the US and internationally
- Keep informed of technology offerings and market trends.
- Collaborate between Bimeda's and AquaTactics’ R&D and Production facilities.
- Respond to the products and service needs of clients by working with Bimeda’s and AquaTactics’ R&D
- Responsible for the annual business budget and forecast.
- Ensure that business activities are aligned to Bimeda’s vision, mission and values
- Assist Sales and Marketing in managing Key Accounts
- Assist in managing the Client Database
- Manage the product and services portfolio
- Work with Regulatory Affairs to maintain and obtain registration and licensing as required
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve
- DVM with a focus in fish health.
- Business degree or equivalent experience in the fish health industry
- Advanced knowledge in aquatic medicine and business
- Personable and able to interact and socialize amongst different cultures and levels in an organization
- Excellent working knowledge of various forms of fish culture, specifically salmonids
- Eligible for multiple USA State Veterinary licensure
- Ability travel nationally and internationally up to 50% required
- Strong verbal, presentation and writing skills in English required
- Proficiency in writing technical documents and translating technical information to a lay perspective
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge and application of fish health diagnostics
- USA driving license with clean driving record.
- 3 years’ experience in a fish health veterinary role
- Knowledge of fish health diagnostics
- Basic statistical knowledge for clinical trials