Reporting to Bimeda Inc. VP of Sales and Marketing, this high -level sales management position is primarily responsible for developing the cattle sales team and implementing Bimeda Inc and Bimeda Biologicals (Bimeda) cattle sales and marketing plans in the US with our end user customers (Distribution, Veterinarians, Cattle Producers and other resellers). The Director of Sales will accomplish these goals by taking practical and innovative initiatives to broaden the Bimeda customer base, annually increase product sales while strengthening customer relationships.
This role will also collaborate and support the rest of the Cattle Sales and Marketing Team by reviewing and communicating sales performance, sales projections and strategies for Bimeda cattle portfolios from time to time, to ensure alignment of resources and market demands.
Key Role Specific Requirements
Director of Sales:
- Execute Bimeda Sales and Marketing objectives
- Recruit, Hire and Develop US Cattle Sales Team as resourced to do so.
- Develop Cattle Sales team in their ability to execute goals presented.
- Develop and Plan key objectives with sales team to meet Commercial Food Animal Objectives.
- Provide key and timely feedback on sales needs.
- Provide detailed sales analysis of sales successes and challenges for the Cattle Sales team with reported sales provided.
- Provide time and monthly analysis of focus product performance from reported sales platforms provided.
- Geographical area and channel of responsibility is the US Cattle channel with focus on geographies assigned to the sales force identified by the VP of Sales and Marketing.
- Identify and develop key needs specific for each sales person reporting to you.
- Travel as appropriate with sales team to coach and assist in development and growth in Cattle focused products.
- Optimize the use of sales reported data to leverage sales growth.
- Optimize the sales team use of CRM via Salesforce technology to communicate projects, market findings, objective successes and objective challenges effectively.
- Communicate with VP of Sales and Marketing on a routine basis.
- Follow up promptly with all customer requests and inquiries.
Commercial Development Activities:
- Connect with key decision-makers and influences involved in the cattle channel such as distribution management, managers, veterinarians and nutritionists to maximize sales of Bimeda products and to communicate customer insight to Bimeda key stakeholders.
- Connect with key influencers within Bimeda's distribution channel to maximize sales of Bimeda products.
- Communicate regularly with Bimeda Key Account Managers within current cattle channel to to ultimately develop new, more effective, tools for market penetration and to follow key marketing goals and objectives.
- Manage and develop sales team with effective travel plans for the area to support sales of Bimeda products.
- Respond to marketing department sales requests for information.
- Provide competitive intelligence via Salesforce.
- Attend tradeshows to support Bimeda Products.
- Effectively execute and measure Bimeda marketing programs with cattle sales team.
- Provide monthly updates on sales trends and challenges.
Cost Control & Budget Management:
- Manage sales budgets and expenses
- Monitor current sales performance and budget by using Salesforce to achieve quarterly and yearly sales goals.
- Monitor move-out of Bimeda products using sales out report platforms.
Commercial Team Cooperation:
- Participate in conference calls as requested.
- Initiate commercial team interactions and meetings with sales team and key stakeholders in Bimeda.
- Reports to VP of Sales and Marketing on a routine basis to discuss current market trends, ongoing action plans etc.
- Interact with Technical Services Department as needed to support sales initiatives.
- Interact with the Marketing department as needed.
- Attend Regional and National meeting as required.
- Travel with Bimeda sales team as required.
- Multiple years of animal health industry experience
- Strong Ability to grow teams with diverse experience and ability
- Strong and persuasive leadership for growth
- Strong level of demonstrated business acumen
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office software as well as ability to adapt to internal HR and Sales management software
- Experience working with CRM and sales systems
- Accomplished sales professional
- Strong knowledge and relationships in cattle industry
- Bachelors Degree required, preferred in Business or Agriculture
- Previous experience in Cattle immunology and vaccinology and the selling of antibiotics
- Previous experience in bovine respiratory disease management and control
- Basic understanding of general animal health products (antibiotics, parasiticides, hormones, etc.)
- Strong leadership and self-accountability characteristics
- Commitment to team participation, growth and feedback
- Willingness to collaborate across departmental lines and species
- Professional attention to detail
- Ability to write, read and communicate expertly in English
- History of managing a high performing team
- Advanced level of business acumen
- Proven track record and performance in the sales of products into large cattle end users (Resellers and Producers)
- Broad understanding of animal health biologics and pharmaceuticals
- Proven relationships with cattle industry stakeholders
- Proven P&L management experience
- Masters of Science in Agriculture or Business
- Training in Marketing and Product lifecycle management
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimize the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation program sees six state-of-the art R&D center across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialization of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.