- Partners with Operations and Commercial teams to produce annual operating Budget, monthly revenue and expense analysis vs. Budget, and monthly/quarterly forecasting of operational centres
- Proactively identify, analyze and present financial performance in an accurate and timely manner to Site and Functional leaders.
- A key member of the Company’s customer pricing team; leading to competitive pricing in organization’s marketplace through collaboration with Operations, Sales, and Corporate Leadership teams, and accountable for development and implementation of tailored pricing models.
- Works with Sales, Marketing and Business Development to prepare business cases in support of new product opportunities, business growth and acquisitions
- Interfaces with Customers/Suppliers on negotiations
Management of Financial Control
- Recommends and implements techniques to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, reduce costs, take advantage of opportunities, and maintain state-of-the-art practices.
- Ensures compliance with policies regulations and requirements by enforcing adherence to corporate systems, policies and governmental regulations; advising management on needed actions.
- Ensure that internal controls are in place to safeguard assets.
- Key responsibilities on risk management through analysis and anticipating market trends, formulating contingency plans and leading recommendation precautionary or improvement measures
- Manage Operations and Cost accounting
People Leadership, Management and Training
- Assists leadership teams in understanding the business dynamics including relationships, models, trends, leading indicators and business statistics
- Provide leadership to the Finance Team staff. This includes recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring and appraisal process.
Analysis, Guidance and Reporting
- Develop metrices and processes for financial system implementation & restructuring.
- Directs financial guidance to Operational leadership and other senior Corporate staff members (including Group Finance) to ensure the business achieves short- and long-term financial goals including performance reviews of gross margin yields, KPI’s, cost drivers, etc.
- Support Operations and Supply Chain to improve margins and lead cost savings initiatives
- Lead financial due diligence activities for potential acquisition targets.
- Interpret trends, organise and assess and report findings to the relevant stakeholders concisely with directive recommendations.
- Reporting to Group Finance in an informative and timely manner
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or related fields with an advanced degree (Master's / MBA).
- Understands key revenue drivers and impact on the P&L
- Strong costing background; versed in common costing methodology and reporting
- Superior analytical skills and strong attention to detail balanced by the ability to integrate the broader strategic picture.
- Excels as a member in a cross-functional team and confident when presenting in front of executive leadership
- 10 years' experience in Finance and Accounting, 7 years' experience working for manufacturing companies at a senior level
- Financial technology capabilities; knowledge and use of BI Systems
- Advanced excel and PowerPoint skills (Power BI skills also an advantage)
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimise the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation programme sees six state-of-the art R&D centres across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialisation of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.
More Info at www.bimedacareers.com