Key Role Specific Duties/Responsibilities
- Prepare journal entries, analyzes accounts, prepares statements and assists the accounting manager with monthly closing and accounting reports.
- Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations and manages the intercompany activity.
- Maintains and coordinates implementation of accounting and control procedures.
- Analyze revenue and expense trends and explain variance to the annual budget and prior year’s results.
- Provide payroll support and prepares and enters all payroll related journals.
- Performs daily cash reconciliations, verifying deposits and disbursements are properly recorded.
- Interacts with auditors and tax consultants in completing audits and replying to any audit findings.
- Leads the transition of several key digital initiatives to streamline our Accounts Receivables, Accounts Payables and Payroll activities.
- Assist with the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecast.
Competencies Required for the Role
- ANALYTICAL THINKING/PROBLEM SOLVING - is the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from various sources and then tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach. Ability to identify and separate the key components of problems and situations. Ability to interpret information from a range of sources to spot patterns and trends in information and to deduce cause and effect from this
- FINANCIAL ACUMEN – is the ability to maintain and apply a broad understanding of financial management principles to ensure decisions are fiscally sound and responsible. Demonstrates broad understanding of financial management principles to direct organizational activities.
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION - Is the ability to convey information to another effectively and efficiently, to listen – help facilitate sharing of information between people. It is about understanding the emotional intention behind the information. The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations, confirm understanding, communicate using data and facts whilst adapting to one’s audience. Exhibit willingness to listen and show respect for oneself and others in interactions with others. Express oneself clearly in verbal and business writing.
- FOSTERING COLLABORATION/TEAMWORK- is the ability to work jointly with others or together especially in an intellectual endeavor; the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, the ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together. Builds partnerships for global performance. Respects others.
- THOROUGHNESS/DETAIL ORIENTED – Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
- Accounting theory, and application of principles and practices obtained through 3 – 5 years of related accounting experiences
- Ability to prepare, examine and verify financial reports
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong application of computer skills and capable to leverage and apply various office suite and accounting software
- Must be able to manage competing priorities
- Ability to build and foster effective relationships across the business region. Particularly, those within supply chain, commercial and operations.
- Experience using ERP, financial reporting, and payroll systems. QAD, ADP and Kefron, preferred
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimize the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation program has six state-of-the art R&D centers across four continents and collaborates on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialization of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.
More Info at www.bimedacareers.com