- Review and update monthly financial results and performance metrics into Forecast Model.
- Prepares reports and analytics on a periodic (weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual) and ad hoc basis and provides associated explanations for findings.
- Provides proactive thought leadership to develop new simplified processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness; develops new tools to enhance the finance team analytics.
- Facilitates processes and process improvements, to increase efficiency within assigned groups.
- Advises management leadership of any deviations from forecasts or any material risks.
- Lead continuous improvement of current managerial (internal) reporting and forecasting package through utilization of new systems, new information, streamlined functionality, and automation.
- Lead monthly compilation of external reporting package and variance explanations to owners.
- Support presentation compilation as needed for internal and external stakeholders.
- Compile and analyze monthly managerial reporting to senior management and owners through volume, price, and mix components for clear explanations of key business drivers.
- Create financial models and provide decision support for short-term and long-term commercial strategy, highlighting EBITDA and cash flow impacts.
- Support capital process by monitoring capital spending vs. budget, review and analyze
- Prepare, produce, and maintain multiple monthly dashboards, margin reports and various financial reports during and after closing.
- Conduct research and resolve inquiries within both Finance and other functional departments.
- Improve process efficiency and performance of large quantities of data.
- Assist in preparing the annual budget and quarterly forecast process, including collaboration with senior management, and preparation of final presentations in PowerPoint.
- Cooperate with various departments as needed, to accurately reflect trends & metrics, report financial data, and aid with pricing models.
- Make recommendations for improvement of financial reporting, business modeling, budgeting/forecasting, and other company financial outputs
- FINANCIAL ACUMEN – is the ability to maintain and apply a broad understanding of financial management principles to ensure decisions are fiscally sound and responsible. Demonstrates broad understanding of financial management principles to direct organizational activities.
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENT – involves the business practice of identifying, analyzing, and improving existing processes to optimize performance.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING – Is the ability to find solutions to complex problems quickly; know how to identify problems and strengths; good analytical skills.
- RESILIENCY/SELF CONFIDENCE –Measured confidence to take on demanding work or put forward views when they may be challenged. Stays calm in a crisis, or during time of change. Maintains performance and self-control under pressure or adversity. Handles competing demands and overcomes setbacks. Welcomes and learns from criticism.
- FOSTERING COLLABORATION/TEAMWORK- is the ability to work jointly with others or together especially in an intellectual endeavor; the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, the ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together. Builds partnerships for global performance. Respects others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working within accounting general ledger or financial reporting systems, preferably in a manufacturing financial environment.
- Strong understanding of financial statements (balance sheet, income statement and cashflow) and how each interrelates.
- Attention to detail and ability to reconcile complex data sets. Analyses and reports must tie out to source data.
- Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently.
- Experience in collaborative IT system development activities (ERP, business intelligence, data warehousing).
- Works collaboratively in a team-based environment.
- A critical eye with strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results and can “own it.”
- Strong proficiency in Excel and proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience with SalesForce.com and Power BI is a plus