Key Role Specific Responsibilities
Talent Acquisition and On-Boarding
- Facilitates, administers and delivers the talent acquisition processes and onboarding programs for new employees and those to newly assigned roles.
- Utilizes the full functionality of our applicant tracking system to manage the selection, offer, negotiation and closing involved in full lifecycle recruiting.
- Conducts regular “check-ins” with managers and new employees in the first 6 months.
- Collaborates with Bimeda HR colleagues globally to enhance recruiting and onboarding initiatives and participate in related projects.
- Coaches and supports supervisors on effective interviewing techniques, updates interviewing guides as necessary.
- Analyzes data to identify trends (e.g. retention, attendance, grievance types) and recommends actions for updates and/or new HR policies, procedures, and programs in collaboration with global Bimeda HR colleagues.
- Works toward developing an organizational culture that keeps employees highly motivated and engaged, where issues are addressed quickly, and where growth and development are among the highest priorities.
- Works collaboratively with leaders and provides direction to supervisors/managers on conducting effective performance management procedures; follows-up as needed to ensure that performance discussions and formal reviews are carried out as scheduled and on an ongoing basis.
- Assists and supports employees throughout their employment with responding to general employee questions on HR matters and policy.
- Ensures organizational compliance with applicable legislation, the Collective Agreement and Bimeda policies and procedures.
Employee Benefits and Programs
- Responsible for HR Operations and transactional activities including pension and benefits enrolment and administration, short/long-term disability administration, leave of absence administration, transfers, separations, retirements, etc.
- Works closely with Payroll and processes all life cycle changes in the HRIS system within payroll timelines.
- Collaborates with and supports the HRBP regarding WSIB cases and reporting.
- Supports special HR projects by participating in the roll-out and delivery, monitoring of results, and necessary follow-up.
Competencies Required for the Role:
- BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS – is the process of developing social connections. This is a fundamental business competency that is the basis for reputation, influencing, closing deals and sustaining business relationships.
- FOSTERING COLLABORATION/TEAMWORK- is the ability to work jointly with others or together especially in an intellectual endeavor; the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, the ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together. Builds partnerships for global performance. Respects others.
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION - Is the ability to convey information to another effectively and efficiently, to listen – help facilitate sharing of information between people. It is about understanding the emotional intention behind the information. The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations, confirm understanding, communicate using data and facts. Exhibit willingness to listen and show respect for oneself and others in interactions with others. express oneself clearly in verbal and business writing.
- INTERPERSONAL AWARENESS – The ability to notice, interpret, and anticipate others’ concerns and feelings, and to communicate this awareness empathetically to others.
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENT – involves the business practice of identifying, analyzing, and improving existing processes to optimize performance.
- RESILIENCY/SELF CONFIDENCE –Measured confidence to take on demanding work or put forward views when they may be challenged. Stays calm in a crisis or during time of change. Handles competing demands and overcomes setbacks. Welcomes and learns from criticism.
Requirements for the Role:
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources required.
- 5+ years of human resources experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting
- Experience within a unionized environment is an asset
- Hands-on experience with databases, HR software and comprehensive understanding of HR principles, techniques, and procedures
- Practical knowledge of applicable employment standards laws, Human Rights regulations, occupational health and safety legislation, data protection regulations and other related employment legislations and HR compliance requirements. Professional designation is an asset.
- Personal conduct which demonstrates high integrity, objectivity, and ethics. Ability to maintain, in strictest trust, confidential information
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proven ability to coach and influence Stakeholders and demonstrated ability to build trusting and collaborative relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills, complimented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen, problem-solving skills, and excellent analytical and reporting skills – developing subject-matter expertise on an ongoing basis
- Ongoing interest in self-development through formal and informal learning
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, team player, organized, and able to meet deadlines
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required to travel to other work sites to support assigned client groups and attend business meetings
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Paid Sick Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Matching Pension plan at 5%
- Employee Assistance Program
At Bimeda we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
The job posting is available in an accessible format upon request by contacting the Human Resources Manager.