The maintenance technician ensures site equipment is in safe, working order. Leveraging working knowledge of general maintenance technics, application of appropriate tools and equipment, and general equipment operational procedures and operations, performs ongoing facility and equipment maintenance, by taking the appropriate actions to complete required repairs and scheduled routine maintenance procedures.
- Performing routine maintenance around the building inside and outside such as structural, plumbing, minor electrical, painting, groundskeeping, HVAC, etc. as needed and requested
- Maintains a general understanding and appreciation for how equipment is intended to be used and what constitutes fully operational equipment.
- Maintains a general understanding of how tools are to be used and which tools are best to apply to address the work required.
- Uses ability to read and understanding equipment operations and maintenance manuals to keep equipment in good working order, and to provide repair, as needed.
- Fixing potential safety hazards to avoid injury
- Routine, reactive, and preventative maintenance (PM) on all production equipment
- Document and record all operating and maintenance data
- Carry out work orders independently and in a timely manner
- On occasion provide after-hours support and overtime to support facility
- Other duties as assigned which may require production and warehouse support
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING – Is the ability to find solutions to complex problems quickly; know how to identify problems and strengths; good analytical skills.
- ACCOUNTABILITY/EXECUTION – A willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one’s actions. Accountability is when an individual or a department experiences consequences for their performance or actions.
- INITIATIVE - Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- THOROUGHNESS/DETAIL ORIENTED – Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- RESULTS ORIENTED – The ability to focus on the desired result of one’s own department’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- At least 1-3 years of general work experience.
- High School diploma or GED
- Basic hand tool operation
- Power tool operation
- Ability to lift 50+ lbs
- Good organizational skills to maintain neat, clean, and orderly work environment and facility
- Highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to read, write, communicate, and understand written and verbal instructions in English.
- 1 plus years of relevant maintenance and/or maintenance apprentice experience within a regulated manufacturing environment
- Certifications not required but useful in means of demonstrating proficiency and potential
- Ability to use meters (DVM, Amp and Ohm)
- Large equipment operation (forklift, tractor)
- Positive can-do attitude and willingness to be flexible when project priorities change.
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimize the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation program sees nine state-of-the art R&D centers across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s eleven manufacturing facilities across eight countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialization of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.