About the role:
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for day to day maintenance activities and interface with contractors and technical resources and support production leaders with all necessary equipment change-over/set-ups, equipment modifications necessary to maintain continuous production, improving safety, quality and productivity.
This role is responsible to manage the Preventative Maintenance Program, lead Equipment Breakdown resolution, support technical aspects of quality investigations and drive resolutions. The Supervisor will coordinate and supervise the activities of the ticketed millwrights, ensuring proper methods and procedures are followed to maintain, repair and service the equipment, systems and facilities in compliance with Health Canada and FDA regulations and building safety codes.
What you'll do:
- Supervise day to day activities of Millwrights by determining workloads and schedules;
- Supervise trades people, contractors working to assist Bimeda in achieving quality, productivity and safety goals;
- Achieve optimum equipment performance and availability through the execution of preventative maintenance to meet operational plans, schedules and standards
- Coordinate maintenance activities with other departments, including scheduling and resolving problems; coordinates and inspects work performed by contractors and document that activity accordingly in the Blue Mountain system.
- Monitor, adjust, and provide technical expertise or training in order to meet or exceed Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) targets
- Knowledge of and adherence to all cGMP, GDP, SOPs and Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules.
- Maintain documentation for all maintenance activities
- Ensure the work of Millwrights meet established standards by inspecting their work and directing corrective measures when necessary
- Provide training or guidance to Millwrights or other entry level positions
- Order parts and supplies for equipment
- Responsible for measuring, maintaining, and communicating departmental key performance indicators (KPIs) within the department and with Maintenance Manager
- Attend and be active on problem definitions, counter measures for line performances at the Tier I
- Maintain stock of inventory of materials, parts and specialized tools for the maintenance function.
- Ensure snow removal and property maintenance schedule is followed and when required remove snow from pedestrian walkways and fire exits.
- Provide on-call duties and respond to emergencies as required to ensure product quality and schedules are maintained.
- Ensures company rules and policies regarding employee conduct are followed and recommends disciplinary actions when required
- Administer Collective Agreement and Company Policies and Procedures;
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring to the role:
- College diploma in a mechanically related field and trades ticket required.
- Ability to read and understand schematic drawings and P&ID
- 5 years in a maintenance manufacturing environment and 3 years supervisory experience
- 5 years’ experience managing trades, contractors and Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) in a pharmaceutical or foods production facility
- Preventive Maintenance Planning experience
- Working knowledge and experience in a wide variety of maintenance tasks including HVAC, plumbing, electrical, pneumatics and pumps
- Knowledge of safety procedures in accordance with WHIMIS, OHSA, as well as local regulations
- Knowledge of fire alarm system: Sprinkler, Ontario fire code
- Knowledge of Building Automation Systems and components such as Boilers, Chillers, Pumps and Generators
- Problem solving skills, willingness and flexibility to foresee and overcome obstacles
- Ability to maintain accurate written records and documentation
- Intermediate knowledge of all applicable Microsoft and other software applications
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Must be willing and available to support operations within in a 24/7 operation
- Proven communication and inter-personal skills
- Experience working in a production facility with GMP standards
- Desired familiarity with PMS (particle measuring systems) and air monitoring systems, water systems, HVAC equipment and systems, compressors, air/gas supply and distribution, plant and clean steam generation and distribution, refrigeration equipment, vacuum systems, and waste collection/drainage systems, etc.
- Understanding of filling equipment and process, including sterile techniques.
- Solid understanding of CGMP.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Paid Sick Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Program
At Bimeda we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.