About the role:
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, this role plays a key role in managing and coordinating work management activities. This role develops comprehensive maintenance job plans that facilitate the safe and effective execution of work. The Planner develops timely schedules of the comprehensive job plans, ensuring the maximum use of maintenance personnel, availability of parts and minimized interruption to Production. The Planner follows company policies, standards and guidelines as they apply to all activities. The Planner promotes and maintains a safe working environment through compliance of Bimeda’s Health & Safety program and wear the required Personal Protective Equipment.
What you'll do:
- Ensure the work prioritization process is adhered to.
- Review Work Requests for accuracy, duplication and convert to Work Orders.
- Prioritize corrective work derived from preventive maintenance (PM) work orders (WO) with high priority.
- Gathers completed preventive and corrective work orders and enters them into our BMRAM.
- Reviews all completed work orders for completeness,accuracy of the records and in accordance with current SOPs.
- Create new preventive maintenance sheets and asset ID for new equipment.
- Develop comprehensive, thorough maintenance job plans that facilitate the safe and effective execution of work.
- Determine the scope, general strategy (repair/replace) and coordination requirements of work.
- Create, use and maintain appropriate equipment files to ensure timely updates with relevant maintenance and repair histories.
- Develop Work Order standard jobs for repetitive work.
- Prepare weekly and monthly PM maintenance activities plan based on the PM program.
- Prepare weekly maintenance corrective work order activities plan based on work order requests from EHS, plant department heads and maintenance manager.
- Schedule weekly and monthly PMs and ensure the maximum use of maintenance labour and minimize production disruptions.
- Maintain computerized preventative maintenance program Blue Mountain Regulatory Asset Management (BMRAM).
- Create PM schedules and task for new SOPs.
- Source and procure parts required for PMs, equipment maintenance and calibration.
- Prepare monthly calibration activities plan based on BMRAM.
- Building automation system – print out, review and file the differential graphics and review alarms and print outs.
- Maintain computerized BMS program.
- Maintain up to date visual control boards for all parties to see daily work scope and weekly KPIs.
- Participate in the Maintenance department’s continuous improvement and knowledge collection efforts.
- Collect and track KPIs related to the planning and scheduling function such as monthly maintenance activity reports including percentage of completion.
- Investigates issues affecting PM completion rates and suggests solutions to resolve the problem.
- Any other duties as required.
What you bring to the role:
- Post secondary education in business, engineering, industrial programs and trades or manufacturing with a strong mechanical aptitude.
- An experienced maintenance planner and scheduling specialist with at least 5 years of experience in applying proven maintenance best practices in an industrial/manufacturing environment.
- Experience in planning and scheduling techniques and is a capable CMMS system and MS Office user.
- Familiar with applying SOP in their work.
- Understands technical terminology and drawings, both mechanical and electrical.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of preventive maintenance.
- Demonstrated understanding of instrument calibration and GMPs.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Works well in a team environment, reliable and open to change.
- Highly organized, structured, results oriented and quality driven.
- Demonstrated ability of objective judgement and fact based decision-making.
- Highly motivated and able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Sense of urgency, attention to detail and ownership in quality of work.
- Experience in professionally dealing with changing priorities and requirements.
- Experience with multi-tasking and working under pressure.
- Perform internet searches and research efficiently.
- Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing as a Planner.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Paid Sick Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Program
At Bimeda we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.