- Performs packaging and manufacturing equipment evaluation, set up and operation (assess, assemble, align and monitor). Includes: breakdown (disassembly and inspection) of packaging and manufacturing equipment; safely rig, move, hoist and position equipment as necessary.
- Performs maintenance, repair and preventative maintenance ( P.M.) activities and completes related documentation as per the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for building, manufacturing, packaging and other equipment (e.g. compressed air, boilers, HVAC, Water for Injection and Clean Steam systems etc.).
- Works in compliance with established cGMP and safe work practices and procedures, using personal protection and safety equipment as required. Reports any accidents, incidents and injuries or illnesses immediately and notifies manager of any hazards, unsafe acts or conditions in the workplace.
- Identifies, reports on and repairs deficiencies in mechanical, electrical and PLC related equipment and systems throughout the plant. Identifies and sources appropriate/required equipment parts. Performs minor repairs including plumbing, painting, carpentry and other general repairs as needed in the facility.
- Fabricates (cuts, welds, assembles) components as may be required for repair or modification of equipment, including fitting piping in threaded, welded and sanitary configurations. May be required to liaise with outsource machine shops, fabricators and others providing services to address these needs.
- Must be able to operate safely all hand tools, power tools, multi meter tester and other equipment.
- Assists in supervision of contractor services as required and ensures that work is completed in accordance to safety regulations and building code.
- Communicates daily Maintenance Activities with the Maintenance Supervisor and team, as well as updates all daily logs.
- On-call for support required as per current Departmental “on-call” procedure. Weekend work and overtime will be required.
- Contributes to achieving Lean Goals and continuous improvement. Assists in the development and implementation of new initiatives to improve quality and efficiencies in packaging and manufacturing.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of spare parts and works with the Supervisor to maintain an accurate parts database.
- Able to work in a Sterile environment on aseptic machines and must be sterile gown certified as per Company policy.
- Other duties as assigned
Technical/Physical & Behavioural Abilities
- Certified Millwright ticket required. Trade certificate – 433A
- PLC Certification required.
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems as asset.
- 3-5 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting, preferably in a pharmaceutical manufacturing setting.
- Knowledge of highspeed filling and packaging lines and PLCs, aptitude in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications.
- Able to lift and move heavy or awkward objects, visual acuity, manual dexterity, some repetitive movements and work in confined spaces.
- Aseptic Qualification
- Excellent math skills. Good command of the English Language, verbal, reading and writing.
- Must be able to work while wearing full protective gowning.
- High integrity, flexibility in working overtime, weekends, holidays, covering vacations/absences to support maintenance team on different shifts, work in team environment, take initiative, good organizational skills
At Bimeda we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimise the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation programme sees six state-of-the art R&D centres across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialisation of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.
More Info at www.bimedacareers.com