Role Specific Requirements
- Works with various stakeholders and process owners to identify, develop and manage improvement projects with clear scope definitions and milestones identified.
- Negotiates with and manages various contractors to achieve agreed timelines. Manages projects cost to budget.
- Tracks end to end progress and provides regular reporting and project updates.
- Serves as Project Manager for process improvement initiatives, technical transfer, change requests, and engages the appropriate technical support within Bimeda.
- Sets protocols for the formal governance of projects with regular meetings and status updates.
- Manages improvement processes for both process and capital projects.
- Performs process and data analysis to optimize technical solutions
- Contributes to technology development within operations based on industry knowledge and experience.
- Collaborates with various internal customers during the development and implementation of process improvement and capital projects.
- Ensures that Bimeda’s work practices (procedures, approvals, documentation, communication, health and safety) are consistently followed and used in all projects.
- Ensures that all project activities are planned, assigned, communicated, documented and implemented in order to deliver the expected outcomes
Competencies Required for the Role
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION - Is the ability to convey information to another effectively and efficiently, to listen – help facilitate sharing of information between people. It is about understanding the emotional intention behind the information. The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations, confirm understanding, communicate using data and facts. Exhibit willingness to listen, and show respect for oneself and others in interactions with others. express oneself clearly in verbal and business writing.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT – involves the business practice of identifying, analyzing, and improving existing processes to optimize performance.
PLANNING – is the process of thinking about and organizing the activities required to achieve a desired goal.
RESULTS ORIENTATION – The ability to focus on the desired result of one’s own department’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
CHANGE AGILITY/ADAPTABILITY – The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change. The ability to change or be changed in order to fit or work better on some situation or purpose, and embraces change. Strives for continuous improvement.
Other Requirements for the Role
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree, preferably in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is a benefit
- Demonstrated project management and process improvement experience
- Able to manage multiple projects at a time with conflicting deadlines
- Well-developed negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to lead within a team environment
- Capable of developing practical, innovative solutions for a wide range of technical challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary project team environment
- Familiarity with degradation mechanisms related to pressure vessels and heat exchangers, including tube wear, stress corrosion cracking, FAC, etc. is preferred.
- Familiarity with ASME Pressure Vessel Codes (Sec. III and Sec. VIII) is required.
- Familiarity with Engineering Change Control processes in nuclear power plants is preferred