Ensures site equipment is in safe, working order. Leveraging working knowledge and experiences of advanced maintenance technics, systems, and disciplines (to include, but limited to HVAC, electrical, and refrigeration), application of appropriate tools and equipment, and targeted/specific equipment operational procedures and operations (to include, but not limited to freezer dryer, autoclave, and automated filling, labeling and packaging equipment) and performs ongoing facility and equipment preventative maintenance and monitoring, by taking the appropriate actions to complete required repairs and scheduled routine maintenance procedures.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performing routine maintenance around the building inside and outside such as structural, plumbing, minor electrical, painting, groundskeeping, HVAC, etc. as needed and requested
- Maintains a “subject matter expert” understanding and appreciation for how equipment is intended to be used and what constitutes fully operational equipment.
- Maintains a “subject matter expert” understanding of how tools are to be used and which tools are best to apply to address the work required.
- Leverage ability to read and understanding equipment operations and maintenance manuals to keep equipment in good working order, monitor equipment reliability, and to provide repair, as needed.
- Fixing potential safety hazards to avoid injury, and a representative on the site Safety Committee
- Assumes ownership to assigned equipment and facilities, and plans and executes routine, reactive, and preventative maintenance (PM) on all production equipment
- Document and record all operating and maintenance data
- Carry out work orders independently and in a timely manner
- On occasion provide after-hours support and overtime to support facility
- PROBLEM-SOLVING – Is the ability to find solutions to complex problems quickly; know how to identify problems and strengths; good analytical skills.
- ACCOUNTABILITY/EXECUTION – A willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one’s actions. Accountability is when an individual or a department experiences consequences for their performance or actions.
- INITIATIVE - Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- THOROUGHNESS/DETAIL ORIENTED – Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- RESULTS ORIENTED – The ability to focus on the desired result of one’s own department’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
· 3 plus years of relevant maintenance and/or maintenance apprentice experience within a regulated manufacturing environment
· Certification within one or more areas - refrigeration, HVAC, Electrical, PLC, Plumbing
· Working knowledge and ability to use meters and diagnostic instrumentation (DVM, Amp and Ohm) and take appropriate measures
· Basic hand and Power tool operation.
· A working knowledge and understanding to effective and efficient use of equipment specification and manuals. and experience working within a program/system-based equipment monitoring system(s).
· Ability to lift 50+ lbs
· Good organizational skills to maintain neat, clean, and orderly work environment and facility
· Highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision.
· Detail oriented.
· Ability to read, write, communicate, and understand written and verbal instructions in English.
· Positive can-do attitude and willingness to be flexible when project priorities change.
· Large equipment operation and license, preferred (forklift, tractor)
· A working understanding to continuous improvement principles