About the role:
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Millwright is responsible for providing expert mechanical, support to building services, manufacturing and packaging operations in compliance with company SOPs and GMP requirements. Includes general repairs, troubleshooting and preventative maintenance activities on cGMP process equipment, utility systems, and facilities with minimal disruption to production.
We are looking to hire Millwrights for the following shifts
- Afternoons - 3:00pm - 11:30pm
- Nights - 11:00pm - 7:30am
What you'll do:
- Performs packaging and manufacturing equipment troubleshooting, set up and operation (assess, assemble, align and monitor). Includes: breakdown (disassembly and inspection) of packaging and manufacturing equipment; safely rig, move, hoist and position equipment as necessary.
- Performs maintenance, repair and preventative maintenance ( P.M.) activities and completes related documentation as per the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) for building, manufacturing, packaging and other equipment (e.g. compressed air, boilers, HVAC, Water for Injection and Clean Steam systems etc.).
- Works in compliance with established cGMP and safe work practices and procedures, using personal protection and safety equipment as required. Reports any accidents, incidents and injuries or illnesses immediately and notifies manager of any hazards, unsafe acts or conditions in the workplace.
- Identifies, reports on and repairs deficiencies in mechanical, electrical and PLC related equipment and systems throughout the plant. Identifies and sources appropriate/required equipment parts. Performs minor repairs including plumbing, painting, carpentry and other general repairs as needed in the facility.
- Fabricates (cuts, welds, assembles) components as may be required for repair or modification of equipment, including fitting piping in threaded, welded and sanitary configurations.
- Must be able to operate safely all hand tools, power tools, multi meter tester and other equipment.
- Assists in supervision of contractor services as required and ensures that work is completed in accordance to safety regulations
- Communicates daily Maintenance Activities with the Maintenance Manager and team, as well as updates all daily logs.
- Able to work in a Sterile environment
- Other duties as assigned
What you bring to the role:
- Certified Millwright ticket required. Trade certificate – 433A
- Completion of Millwright Apprenticeship Program preferred
- PLC knowledge or Certification would be considered an asset.
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems an asset.
- 3-5 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting, preferably in a food/beverage or pharmaceutical manufacturing setting.
- Knowledge of highspeed filling and packaging lines and PLCs, aptitude in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, schematics, drawings, manuals, and specifications considered an asset.
- Able to lift and move heavy or awkward objects, visual acuity, manual dexterity, some repetitive movements and work in confined spaces.
- Excellent math skills. Good command of the English Language, verbal, reading and writing.
What We Offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension plan (2% Employee / 8% Employer Contribution)
- Employee Assistance Program
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
The job posting is available in an accessible format upon request by contacting the Human Resources.