- Provide leaderships within the Millwrights, trades people, contractors to assist Bimeda in achieving Quality, Productivity and Safety goals.
- Manage and execute the whole preventative maintenance program from start to completion and close.
- Manage and execute the Calibration Program using BlueMountain.
- Manage and responsible for Siemens Building Management system.
- Manage and responsible for building security including fire and theft alarms, issuing and deleting employee building access, camera system and fire system.
- Manage control key system for all keys for both sites.
- Manage and review all service contracts on a regular basis.
- Manage the Maintenance team to ensure compliance to preventative maintenance programs and availability of parts for maintenance, review history of breakdowns and upgrade equipment to prevent re-occurrences to improve equipment uptime.
- Work closely with Engineering, Validation and the Joint Health & Safety Committee to ensure Operations technical issues are being addressed to the required standards.
- Assist in the development and management of the capital budget for the Operations area to ensure compliance and capacity improvement goals are achieved.
- Establish an environment that promotes communication at all levels and strives to make all information available when and where needed. Provide coaching to direct reports and develop them in both technical and leadership areas.
- Ensure correctness of master data, preventative maintenance plans and equipment history in Mainboss relative to production equipment and manage the equipment and facilities change control process.
- Support the technical aspects of quality investigations to determine the root cause of equipment related quality notifications and drive the associated corrective and preventative actions to complete.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Production and Packaging maintenance, combined with management, group or project management skills, preferably in the Food/Pharmaceutical industry
- Experience in procurement, commissioning and qualification of manufacturing and packaging equipment.
- Experience with regulatory inspections.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Chemical Process Engineering or equivalent trade.
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and manage through difficult situations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal savvy and relationship management/networking skills
- Exercises innovative tactics and encourages others to demonstrate creative approaches
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English
At Bimeda we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. The job posting is available in an accessible format upon request by contacting the Human Resources Manager
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimise the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation programme sees six state-of-the art R&D centres across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialisation of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.
More Info at www.bimedacareers.com