- Adhere to established policies, rules and regulations, and standard operating procedures
- Maintains warehouse and outside yard in a clean and orderly fashion (6S) that is conducive to productivity and GMP compliant
- Organize and maintain stock of warehousing materials
- Proficient in ERP system software, with emphasis in the Operations / Supply Chain functionality
- Receives all raw materials, supplies, and components through the ERP system, preferably QAD. This may include de-palletizing and re-palletizing of materials.
- Ensures that all materials received are in alignment with purchase orders and other shipping/purchasing documentation.
- Organizes and maintains shipping and receiving documentation. Forwards all required documentation to corporate accounts payable personnel as required
- Performs weekly random cycle counts and prepares reports accordingly
- Generates reports as required/requested such as expiring materials reports, components status reports, where used reports, material availability reports, etc.
- Investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies in a timely manner
- Using a combination cycle count data and other Kanban tools, works closely with supply chain/planning personnel to ensure that an adequate inventory of raw materials, packaging components, labelling materials, and all other essential supplies is maintained to adhere to established production schedule
- Maintain organization of labels, roll stock, inserts and other printed materials in storage cage as well as other storage locations
- Backflushes inventory from Production injectable line and non-sterile powder line
- Complete daily inventory transactions including inventory transfers, inventory adjustments and disposals in the inventory database
- Oversee all inventory transactions and movements to maintain accurate and complete records
- Coordinates shipping of commercial shipments of materials other than finished goods (e.g. equipment, large samples, etc.)
- Work closely with Supply Chain & Operations in scheduling product shipments and incoming shipments.
- Coordinates with logistic suppliers in setting up shipments when notified by management
- Prepares bills of lading, shippers, and applicable commercial invoices for each shipment and checks all items loaded for shipment
- Material Handling (may be required to lift up to 50 lbs)
- Forklift certification or ability or ability to be certified.
- Operates and support forklift certification of production personnel.
- Will be responsible for ensuring that the forklift safety and inspection program is complied with and will ensure that forklifts and electric “Walkie” daily are inspected prior to use.
- Maintains cleanliness and control of Hazardous Material cage in the warehouse
- Create and/or update standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as required
- Understanding of 6S, Kanban system to drive continuous improvement of the supply’s movement
- Understands problem-solving tools and uses them in root cause analysis
- Understands KPIs and strategically develops plans to address warehousing/logistics KPIs
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associate degree preferred
- Some previous experience with international pharmaceutical or medical supply chain/distribution or pharmaceutical manufacturing required, 2-3 years preferred
- In-depth knowledge of warehouse operations in a cGMP setting
- Experience working in a sterile manufacturing environment
- Skilled in Inventory Management (QAD experience a plus)
- Has acquired or has the ability to be trained to receive IATA, RCRA, DOT Hazmat and any other certifications/training that management feels are required/necessary.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Push, pull, bend, and reach above shoulder height
- Team player
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures and comply with policies
- Must have excellent attention to detail and record keeping capabilities
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions and communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to follow directions
- Ability to follow schedules
- Must be able to manage time efficiently
- Must speak and write English (English and Spanish a plus)
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimise the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation programme sees six state-of-the art R&D centres across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialisation of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.
More Info at www.bimedacareers.com