- Mix and formulate bulk and test emulsions. Products must be able to pass QA and sterility testing
- Maintain documentation of products, raw materials and supply chain for raw materials
- Maintain equipment for emulsification process and inventory of raw materials and finished product
- Independently lead assigned projects, set project goals and develop project timelines.
- Collect, maintain, and organize data in the form of a laboratory notebook, bench record, animal record, electronic database, and/or production record.
- Able to work on BSL2 level and formulate vaccines.
- Communicate data/results team members and management, either written or oral reports as needed.
- Assist to conduct clinical trials as needed
- Able to handle multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- Analyse data/results and provide suggestions for next steps.
- Prepare and present data for collaborative review and regulatory agencies as needed
- Knowledge of 9CFR regulations for veterinary biologicals and interface with USDA compliance officers during facility inspections as required.
- Handle multiple projects and effective time management and keep up with scientific literature and developments in animal health industry.
- Must be able to lift up to 50-60 lbs. on occasion
- BS degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, or related life sciences field and 2-4 years experience working in a laboratory OR MS degree with 1-2 years experience
- The incumbent must be familiar with the vaccine formulation, vaccine production, veterinary biologics, research and development of biologics, quality control and regulatory agencies.
- Working knowledge of 9CFR USDA guidelines for vaccine production and testing.
- Industry experience specifically working with and formulating adjuvants and vaccines desirable
- Able to understand basic chemistry of emulsions, formulation, stability, mixability, microbiology and biological principles.
- Knowledge about various mixing process of solutions and QC checks.
- Able to use computer for performing assigned duties as needed.
- Able to adapt research to changing animal health needs quickly.
- Open minded to accept and challenge new ideas for vaccine development and animal health.
- Follow IACUC and USDA policies.
- Strong knowledge on basic scientific principles, bench work, trouble shooting and independent planning
- Highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally with all other departments and builds trust through active collaborations.
- Able to work under tight timelines and pressure
- Can do attitude, positive outlook and team player
- Good command of the English language required. Fluent in any other languages a plus.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimise the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation programme sees six state-of-the art R&D centres across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialisation of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.
More Info at www.bimedacareers.com