Capital Projects Delivery – Process and Involved Stakeholders
- Be responsible and accountable for the co-ordination and project management of capital projects and all tasks required as part of this process.
- Develop specific project delivery planning, clearly defining the scope and assumptions, with inputs from the relevant functional areas and track execution of the planning
- Capital Projects refer to the implementation of production processes in a regulated GMP environment and considers all aspects needed to ensure a successful implementation including, but not limited to process layout, process equipment, software and IT implementation, commissioning, qualification and validation through to handover and acceptance
- Develop, embed and seek to continually improve (CI) Capital Project delivery processes and ways of working in conjunction with other stakeholder groups, external contractors and consultants, R&D, Regulatory, Quality, Supply Chain, Operations, Finance, Commercial and Marketing
- Hold all stakeholders to agreed timelines
- Take full ownership of timeline and timeline monitoring using clarifying tools such as MS Project / Gantt charts etc
- Ensure all stakeholders understand their role in the project delivery process and the actions which trigger their tasks
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and bring project management expertise to ensure the timely completion of tasks required for timely Capital project delivery
- Identify and find solutions to potential barriers to timely project delivery, ensuring key milestones are identified and achieved
- Identify any external process stakeholders and build their role into the process
- Identify and implement methodologies to ensure projects are delivered within the shortest possible timeframes
- Risk assessment and risk mitigation tools and strategies should be a fundamental component utilised to predict and avoid potential adverse events that pose threats to meeting project success criteria
Capital Projects Delivery - Reporting
- Ensure senior stakeholders are informed of the progress of capital project implementation on an ongoing basis
- Seek direction / decisions from Senior Management on any required changes in strategy for product delivery
- Prepare, coordinate and lead detailed project review status updates with key stakeholders at appropriate intervals
- Report progress to board level if required
Capital Projects Delivery – Outcomes
- Ensure capital projects are executed in accordance with agreed timelines and endeavour to reduce timelines
Capital Projects Delivery - Best Practice
- Proactively seek to share best practices with stakeholders in other regions and assist with the project management of Capital projects in other business units, as required
- Adopt a Continuous Improvement (CI) mindset and seek to constantly refine and optimise project delivery processes
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve. In such instances a new job spec will not be issued.
- 5+ years’ experience in project management - essential
- Experience in the veterinary or human pharmaceutical industry – highly preferred
- Relevant qualification in project management
- Proficiency in a mainstream project management software
- High level of emotional intelligence, and ability to motivate and influence process stakeholders at all levels of the business
The role will require working across time zones (e.g. Ontario, Canada) and may therefore require some evening work to allow for calls with other locations involved in project delivery
At Bimeda we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
The job posting is available in an accessible format upon request by contacting the Human Resources Manager.