Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimize the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals. Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids. Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialization of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.
About the role:
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Project Engineer is a hands-on engineering role that works directly with a variety of departments (maintenance, production, quality assurance, supply chain, technical operations, R&D) to develop and implement process improvements and capital projects within operations.
Working with others the role will analyze current processes within operations to identify areas for improvement to eliminate waste and increase product flow through the manufacturing process to final release. Identified improvement opportunities will be developed, presented, prioritized and implemented once approved. The role will present proposals for improvement to senior management and then manage implementation through the use of both internal and external resources.
The role will address current improvement opportunities but also look to the future to ensure that equipment and processes are developed and maintained to meet future needs. Digitization, automation and capture and use of manufacturing data is a key priority area.
What you'll do:
- Works with various stakeholders and process owners to identify, develop and manage improvement projects with clear scope definitions and milestones identified.
- Negotiates with and manages various contractors to achieve agreed timelines. Manages projects cost to budget.
- Prepare detailed capital project request reports for various engineering projects.
- Tracks end to end progress and provides regular reporting and project updates.
- Serves as Project Manager for process improvement initiatives, technical transfer, change requests, and engages the appropriate technical support within Bimeda.
- Project implementation, ensuring throughout that the design criteria, safety standards, budgets, timelines, and all other project matters are met.
- Sets protocols for the formal governance of projects with regular meetings and status updates.
- Manages improvement processes for both process and capital projects.
- Performs process and data analysis to optimize technical solutions
- Contributes to technology development within operations based on industry knowledge and experience.
- Reviews and proposes changes to SOPs based on expert knowledge of equipment capabilities and operation.
- Collaborates with various internal customers during the development and implementation of process improvement and capital projects.
- Ensures that Bimeda’s work practices (procedures, approvals, documentation, communication, health and safety) are consistently followed and used in all projects.
- Ensures that all project activities are planned, assigned, communicated, documented and implemented in order to deliver the expected outcomes
- Ensures adherence with all compliance programs and company policies and procedures.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree, preferably in Chemical, Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering.
- Project management certificate would be an asset
- Experience managing electro-mechanical contractors
- 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience
- Pharmaceutical industry experience is a benefit
- Demonstrated project management and process improvement experience
- Able to manage multiple projects at a time with conflicting deadlines
- Well-developed negotiating and influencing skills
- Ability to lead within a team environment
- Capable of developing practical, innovative solutions for a wide range of technical challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary project team environment
- Familiarity with degradation mechanisms related to pressure vessels and heat exchangers, including tube wear, stress corrosion cracking, FAC, etc. is preferred.
- Familiarity with ASME Pressure Vessel Codes (Sec. III and Sec. VIII) is required.
- Familiarity with Engineering Change Control processes in nuclear power plants is preferred
Competencies required for the role:
Please include no more than 5 competencies most applicable to this role from the list provided. Include the definitions provided as well.
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION - Is the ability to convey information to another effectively and efficiently, to listen – help facilitate sharing of information between people. It is about understanding the emotional intention behind the information. The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations, confirm understanding, communicate using data and facts. Exhibit willingness to listen, and show respect for oneself and others in interactions with others. express oneself clearly in verbal and business writing.
PROCESS IMPROVEMENT – involves the business practice of identifying, analyzing, and improving existing processes to optimize performance.
PLANNING – is the process of thinking about and organizing the activities required to achieve a desired goal.
RESULTS ORIENTATION – The ability to focus on the desired result of one’s own department’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
CHANGE AGILITY/ADAPTABILITY – The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness; initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change. The ability to change or be changed in order to fit or work better on some situation or purpose, and embraces change. Strives for continuous improvement.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Paid Sick Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension plan with employer matching
- Employee Assistance Program
At Bimeda we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
The job posting is available in an accessible format upon request by contacting the Human Resources Manager.