- Support the development and leads the implementation of the site’s strategic business plan, budget, long-range goals and vision for site manufacturing operations.
- Maintains buildings, infrastructure, manufacturing lines and machinery/equipment in an operational state to OpEx standards, including planned maintenance, unplanned/emergency maintenance and execution of routine work orders
- Drives a culture of high performance where everyone is committed to and accountable for delivery of performance goals and site KPIs. Leads by example and achieves results through direct reports by communicating job performance expectations & company vision; establishing individual goals in line with corporate/departmental objectives, coaching and reviewing performance results; providing training and skill development opportunities for growth and improved performance.
- Utilizes best practice knowledge to adapt and implement new methods and lean-continuous improvement practices for manufacturing production improvement through the examination of equipment, processes, operations and packaging. Maintains and publishes KPI’s that measure success of objectives and drives continuous improvement.
- Ensures that all manufacturing operations are conducted in compliance with Health & Safety regulations, cGMP, and company policies.
- Drives effective coordination with QA/QC to assure that raw materials / final products are tested and released to accommodate the production schedule and sales needs.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Communicates issues, risks and discrepancies to senior management and offers solutions to mitigate/solve problems.
- Ensures quality of investigations regarding batch discrepancies and out-of-specification events to ensure corrective action and non-recurrence and maintains the facility in a state of compliance.
- Ensures a sitewide approach to hosting facility audits by customers, FDA and EU including responding to corrective actions and /or observations as required.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimise the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation programme sees six state-of-the art R&D centres across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialisation of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.
More Info at www.bimedacareers.com