- Ensures that all work is carried out in compliance with company Safety Policies, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Wears proper personal protective equipment and follows procedures when gowning, de-gowning and working in the sterile and controlled areas.
- Reports any accidents, incidents and injuries or illnesses immediately and notifies manager of any hazards, unsafe acts or conditions in the workplace.
- Prepares for production run by reviewing the production schedule; identifying batch specific requirements; weighing and measuring ingredients and adding to mixing equipment.
- Prepares equipment by performing cleaning-in-place (CIP), steam-in-place (SIP), and cleaning out-of-place (COP) procedures. Completes all necessary cleaning and preventative maintenance checks including filter integrity testing.
- Troubleshoots breakdowns and works closely with maintenance to resolve issues.
- Documents all activities as they occur in log books and Production dockets as required. Maintains cleaning logs per SOP requirements.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in training opportunities. Takes ownership for individual training plan.
- Assists with the training of new operators as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimise the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation programme sees six state-of-the art R&D centres across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialisation of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.
More Info at www.bimedacareers.com