- The propagation of modified live virus and virus seeds.
- Maintain accurate virus production / vaccine production records in accordance with filed Outlines of Production (trace back to MSV)
- Train and delegate daily responsibilities to Virus Production Scientist
- Assist the Virus Production Supervisor in fabricating and filling serials of MLV vaccines.
- Assist Virus Production Supervisor in packaging and labelling of serials.
- Work directly with the Virus Production Supervisor to optimize MLV harvest yields and potency of MLV vaccines.
- Maintain viral harvest fluid inventory in accordance with the filed Outlines of Production.
- Aid in the training of personnel in areas associated with Virus Production such as Media Production, Sucrose Production, HBSS production, and Blend Prep
- Oversee the maintenance of Liquid Nitrogen inventory – Cells and Virus
- Interface with USDA compliance officers during facility inspections as required.
- Maintain inventory of vaccine / consumables and place orders for supplies as needed.
- Interface with Research and Development team as projects transition to production.
- Writing / updating Standard Operating Procedures as needed
- Minimum of a Master’s of Science in Biology, Chemistry, Animal Science, or related field required
- Master’s of Science in related field preferred
- 2+ years of work experience in vaccine related fields required
- Managerial experience in vaccine production preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong math and computer skills (including MS Office)
- Strong problem solving skills
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant USDA industry guidelines
- Strong understanding of analytical instruments (how they work, how to maintain/repair them, how to use the software, etc.)
- Supervisory training preferred
- Highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision
- Detail oriented
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally with all other departments, and builds trust through active collaborations
- Strong leadership and mentoring abilities
- Positive can-do attitude and willingness to be flexible when project priorities change
- Good command of the English language required
- Bilingual in any other languages a plus