- The propagation of modified live virus and virus seeds.
- Maintain accurate virus production / vaccine production records in accordance with filed Outlines of Production.
- Assist the Virus Production Supervisor in fabricating and filling serials of MLV vaccines.
- Aid in the identification and recommendation of any needed equipment and materials for virus production.
- Work directly with the Virus Production Supervisor to optimize MLV harvest yields and potency of MLV vaccines.
- Maintain viral harvest fluid inventory in accordance with the filed Outlines of Production.
- Aid in the training of personnel in areas associated with Virus Production such as Media Production, Sucrose Production, HBSS production, and Blend Prep.
- Oversee the maintenance of Liquid Nitrogen inventory – Cells and Virus.
- Maintain hoods, incubators and other equipment associated with virus production.
- Interface with Research and Development team as projects transition to production.
- Train and delegate daily responsibilities to Virus Production Technicians in the absence of the Virus Production Supervisor
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Biology, Chemistry, Animal Science, or related field OR 2+ years of work experience in a vaccine-related field.
- Some work experience or classroom experience in a laboratory environment preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong math and computer skills (including MS Office).
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong understanding of analytical instruments.
- Highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally with all other departments, and builds trust through active collaborations.
- Strong leadership and mentoring abilities.
- Positive can-do attitude and willingness to be flexible when project priorities change.
- Good command of the English language required. Fluent in any other languages a plus.