Key Role Specific Requirements
- Propagation of bacterial and mycoplasma seeds
- Maintain accurate bacterial production/vaccine production records in accordance with filed Outlines of Production
- Train and delegate daily responsibilities to Bacterial Production Technicians in the absence of the Bacterial Production Supervisor
- Assist the Bacterial Production Supervisor in fabricating and filling serials of Bacterial Vaccines.
- Aid in the identification and recommendation of any needed equipment and materials for bacterin production.
- Work directly with the Bacterial Production Supervisor to optimize bacterin harvest yields and potency of bacterin vaccines.
- Maintain bacterial harvest inventory in accordance with the filed Outlines of Production
- Aid in the training of personnel in areas associated with Bacterial Production such as media production and blend prep.
- Oversee the maintenance of cold storage of bacterial strains.
- Interface with USDA compliance officers during facility inspections as required.
- Maintain hoods, incubators and other equipment associated with bacterial production.
- Interface with Research and Development team as projects transition to production.
- ANALYTICAL THINKING/PROBLEM SOLVING - is the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from various sources and then tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach. Ability to identify and separate the key components of problems and situations. Ability to interpret information from a range of sources to spot patterns and trends in information and to deduce cause and effect from this
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION - Is the ability to convey information to another effectively and efficiently, to listen – help facilitate sharing of information between people. It is about understanding the emotional intention behind the information. The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations, confirm understanding, communicate using data and facts whilst adapting to one’s audience. Exhibit willingness to listen and show respect for oneself and others in interactions with others. express oneself clearly in verbal and business writing.
- INITIATIVE - Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
- PROCESS IMPROVEMENT – involves the business practice of identifying, analyzing, and improving existing processes to optimize performance.
- THOROUGHNESS/DETAIL ORIENTED – Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Minimum of Bachelor of Science in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Some work experience or classroom experience in a laboratory environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong math and computer skills (including MS Office)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong understanding of analytical instruments
- Highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally with all other departments and build trust through active collaborations.
- Good command of the English language.
- 2+ years prior work experience in vaccine related field and/or laboratory environment.
- Positive can-do attitude and willingness to be flexible when project priorities change.
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimize the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation program sees six state-of-the art R&D centers across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialization of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.
More Info at www.bimedacareers.com