Purpose of the Position/ Role Summary
The purpose of a Bacterin Production Technician is to provide support, as assigned, in the production of autogenous and USDA licensed Bacterial Vaccines according to filed Outlines of Production. Doing so by leveraging their working knowledge of science, laboratory applications and production processes in meeting established performance expectations.
Key Role Specific Requirements
· Propagation of bacterial seeds in accordance with Outline of Production under the supervision of the Bacterial Production Supervisor and Bacterial Production Scientist
· Maintain lab equipment, cold storage containers, temperature logs, and cleaning logs in a “ready now” working condition, ensuring equipment has been calibrated.
· Preparation of sterile reagents – maintains adequate sterile technique
· Provide support, as required in blend prep and bacterial vaccine blends processes
· Sterilization of laboratory – cleaning and organization. Assures lab supplies, facilities, and equipment have been sterilized and ready for use
· Assist in supply inventories – keep track of low supplies and make request through appropriate channels to procure supplies keeping laboratory stations and production areas stocked with necessary supplies
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
Competencies Required for the Role
· INITIATIVE - Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
· RESULTS ORIENTED – The ability to focus on the desired result of one’s own department’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
· ACCOUNTABILITY/EXECUTION – A willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one’s actions. Accountability is when an individual or a department experiences consequences for their performance or actions.
· THOROUGHNESS/DETAIL ORIENTED – Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
· FOSTERING COLLABORATION/TEAMWORK- is the ability to work jointly with others or together especially in an intellectual endeavor; the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, the ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together. Builds partnerships for global performance. Respects others.
· Basic laboratory knowledge
· Minimum of High School Diploma
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong math and computer skills (including MS Office)
· Highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision.
· Detail oriented.
· Good command of the English language
· Extensive laboratory knowledge via work experience or academic
· Associates or Bachelor’s in science related field
· Experience with maintaining laboratory equipment
· Positive can-do attitude and willingness to be flexible when project priorities change.