PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Reporting to the Production Manager/Production Supervisor, the Production Technician is responsible to Package and inspect finished product; Setup, run and troubleshoot all packaging machinery; Complete all corresponding documentation. This is a 2nd shift position. Monday - Friday 1:00 pm to 9:30 pm.
- Adhere to all departmental and company health and safety policies and procedures
- Operate filling and packaging machines
- Inspect all products for visual defects to ensure quality and cGMP compliance
- Perform and document cleaning of all equipment and packaging areas to assure readiness for the next use
- Complete labelling documentation to comply with inventory policies and FDA compliance
- Assist in training new personnel
- Willingness to cross-train for other duties
- Lift and carry 20-25 pounds daily and often lift up to 40-50 pounds
- Ability to stand for long period of time and climb ladders occasionally
- 0-2 years in production / manufacturing facility
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to take directions well from others
- Able to lift 20-40 pounds daily and frequently
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Good documentation skills, detailed, and legible hand writing
- Good manual handling experience and hand-eye coordination
- Willingness to work overtime when needed.
- Experience working in a pharma or food industry
- Forklift experience
- Experience in an FDA compliant facility
- Mechanical/equipment training
- Continuous Improvement experience
- Leadership abilities
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimize the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation program sees eight state-of-the art R&D centers across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s eleven manufacturing facilities across eight countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialization of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.