Key role responsibilities:
- Conducts all analytical (physical & chemical) testing of raw materials, in-process samples, finished products, gases, water and stability program samples. i.e. pH, conductivity, TOC, viscosity, potency tests.
- Reviews data, results and documentation for QC analytical testing.
- Ensures that all work is carried out in compliance with company Safety policies, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP/GLP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Prepares samples for analysis according to company methods, SOPs & applicable compendia (USP/EP).
- Performs specific analytical tests utilizing HPLC, GC, UV, IR, FTIR, KF and other instruments.
- Documents analytical test results as they occur in logbooks and in-process test data in Production dockets as required.
- Analyzes data; keeping the supervisor informed of discrepancies, deviations, out of specifications (OOS) data and unusual trends as they occur.
- Assists with quality investigations as required.
- Ensures that reagents and supplies are replenished by informing QC Supervisor or preparing PO requisitions when required.
- Performs calibration of equipment, troubleshooting issues and ensuring equipment is in good working order including arranging repairs when needed with outside vendors.
- Supports and provides training and guidance to junior analysts.
- Ensures that work areas are kept clean and tidy and cleans glassware after use when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3-5 years in a Pharmaceutical Analytical testing lab & supporting stability programs
- B.Sc. in Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline
- Analytical Wet Chemistry Lab experience using the following methods/equipment: titration, pH, Potency, Conductivity, Viscosity, TOC, UV, IR, GC, HPLC assays
Core Behaviours, Skills & Abilities:
- High integrity. The right candidate ensures adherence to procedural guidance and raises any identified issues to the QC Supervisor.
- Excellent attention to detail – able to thoroughly document and review work, while consistently identifying discrepancies or errors.
- Committed to teamwork, and to achieving team targets.
- Motivated and challenges self by setting and achieving goals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written - expresses own views clearly and constructively & confirms understanding.
- Acts with purpose, urgency, reliability and professionalism.
- Engages in good change initiative (CI) behaviour - open to new ideas & identifies areas for improvement.
- Versatility to perform a wide variety of tasks, showing flexibility in work assignments and organization.
At Bimeda we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
The job posting is available in an accessible format upon request by contacting the Human Resources Manager
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimise the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation programme sees six state-of-the art R&D centres across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialisation of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.
More Info at www.bimedacareers.com