- Samples and performs identity testing on raw materials according to the schedule or as requested, utilizing approved sampling techniques for QC and Microbiology.
- Conducts basic analytical (physical & chemical) testing of packaging components, raw materials, in-process samples, finished products, gases and water.
- i.e. pH, Conductivity, TOC, FTNIR, FTIR & wet chemistry testing.
- Prepares basic analytical and test solutions when required to assist with QC testing.
- Ensures that all work is carried out in compliance with company safety policies, good manufacturing practices (GMP/GLP) and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Evaluates incoming raw material and/or packaging component containers for defects or deficiencies; informs Supervisor and recommends acceptance or rejection.
- Documents analytical test results as they occur in logbooks and in-process sampling/test data accurately in production dockets as required.
- Prepares paperwork and labels for each sample and updates the master log for scheduling sample analysis.
- Delivers samples to the laboratory as per schedule established by the Supervisor and QC Coordinators. Enters test data into the computer system.
- Assists with the preparation, administration and shipping of external testing of samples as required.
- Performs all cleaning activities in the sample testing area, including complete, intermediate, and general cleaning. Completes general cleaning and housekeeping of the QC Laboratory as assigned. Maintains cleaning logs per SOP requirements.
- Informs or assists in ensuring adequate inventories of equipment, reagents, glassware and other sampling supplies.
- May assist with general paperwork or administrative tasks.
- Ensures that work areas are kept clean and tidy and cleans glassware after use when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Education – Diploma in a laboratory technician field or related discipline.
- 1-2 years in a pharmaceutical analytical testing lab or GMP facility is preferred.
- B.Sc. Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related discipline is an asset.
- Analytical wet chemistry lab experience using the following methods/equipment; titration, pH, potency calculation, density, conductivity, viscosity, TOC, UV, IR, GC, HPLC analysis.
Core Behaviours, Skills & Abilities
- High integrity. The right candidate ensures adherence to procedural guidance and raises any identified issues to the QC Supervisor.
- Excellent attention to detail – able to thoroughly document and review work, while consistently identifying discrepancies or errors.
- Committed to teamwork, and to achieving team targets.
- Motivated and challenges self by setting and achieving goals.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written - expresses own views clearly and constructively & confirms understanding.
- Acts with purpose, urgency, reliability and professionalism.
- Engages in good change initiative (CI) behaviour - open to new ideas & identifies areas for improvement.
- Versatility to perform a wide variety of tasks, showing flexibility in work assignments and organization.
At Bimeda we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
The job posting is available in an accessible format upon request by contacting the Human Resources Manager.