Key Role Specific Requirements
- Conducts analytical (physical & chemical) testing of raw materials, in-process samples, finished products, gases and water. ie pH, Conductivity, TOC, Viscosity, Potency tests
- Ensures that all work is carried out in compliance with company Safety policies, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP/GLP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Prepares samples for analysis according to company SOPs & GLP methods
- Performs specific analytical tests utilizing HPLC, GC, UV, IR, FTIR and other instruments
- Analyzes data, keeps the supervisor informed of discrepancies, deviations, out of specifications (OOS) and unusual trends as they occur
- Inform QC Analytical Supervisor to ensure that all reagents and supplies are replenished in a timely manner
- Ensures work areas and glassware are kept clean and tidy. Conduct basic, daily equipment calibration. Troubleshoots minor issues and maintains equipment in good working order
- Other duties as assigned
Competencies Required for this Role:
INTEGRITY/PERSONAL CREDIBILITY – Demonstrated ability and concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable and trustworthy
FOSTERING COLLABORATION/TEAMWORK- is the ability to work jointly with others or together especially in an intellectual endeavor; the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, the ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together. Builds partnerships for global performance. Respects others.
INITIATIVE - Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
THOROUGHNESS/DETAIL ORIENTED – Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work ad information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
PLANNING – is the process of thinking about and organizing the activities required to achieve a desired goal.
What You Bring to the Role:
- 1-2 years experience in a Pharmaceutical Analytical testing lab
- B.Sc. Science in Chemistry, Biochemistry
- Analytical Wet Chemistry Lab experience using the following methods/equipment; titration, pH, Potency, Conductivity, Viscosity, TOC, UV, IR, GC, HPLC assays
- High integrity, excellent attention to detail, analytical thinker, ability to organize and prioritize, and work in team environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- 5 Paid Sick Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension plan with a 5% matching
- Employee Assistance Program
At Bimeda we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
The job posting is available in an accessible format upon request by contacting the Human Resources Manager.
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimize the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation program sees six state-of-the art R&D centers across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialization of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.
More Info at www.bimedacareers.com