- Conducts analytical (physical & chemical) testing of raw materials, in-process samples, finished products, gases and water. ie pH, Conductivity, TOC, Viscosity, Potency tests
- Ensures that all work is carried out in compliance with company Safety Policies, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP/GLP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Prepares samples for analysis according to company SOPs & GLP methods
- Performs specific analytical tests utilizing HPLC, GC, UV, IR, FTIR and other instruments
- Analyzes data, keeps the supervisor informed of discrepancies, deviations, out of specifications (OOS) and unusual trends as they occur
- Inform QC Analytical Supervisor to ensure that all reagents and supplies are replenished in a timely manner
- Ensures work areas and glassware are kept clean and tidy. Conduct basic, daily equipment calibration. Troubleshoots minor issues and maintains equipment in good working order
- Other duties as assigned
Competencies Required for the Role
INTEGRITY/PERSONAL CREDIBILITY – Demonstrated ability and concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable and trustworthy
FOSTERING COLLABORATION/TEAMWORK- is the ability to work jointly with others or together especially in an intellectual endeavor; the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, the ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together. Builds partnerships for global performance. Respects others.
INITIATIVE - Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it.
THOROUGHNESS/DETAIL ORIENTED – Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work ad information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
PLANNING – is the process of thinking about and organizing the activities required to achieve a desired goal.