Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and verify supplier/compendial methods for new raw materials (excipients and API).
- Develop new analytical methods for the testing of finished product for products that are developed in house or site transferred into this facility.
- Participate in the development of protocols and final reports and perform validation of analytical methods in accordance with current FDA guidelines. Participate in the transfer of validated methods to QC.
- Source any needed equipment and materials for the method work.
- Work with New Product Development on deformulation of pioneer products and on testing new formulations.
- Develop cleaning methods for new products and complete cleaning validation as required.
- Work with Product Development on deformulation of pioneer products and testing new formulations.
- Test stability samples for new stability/pilot batches and informal stability samples.
- Operate, troubleshoot and maintain analytical equipment used in the laboratory.
- Accurately document all data in compliance with cGMP/cGLP.
- Maintain a well organized work environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 1 – 3 years of analytical laboratory experience or equivalence; experience with method development and method verification/validatio
- Experience in organic chemistry and experience investigating root cause of laboratory issues is preferred.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry; preferably to have Master’s degree or higher in Chemistry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, math and computer skills (including MS Office), problem solving skills and Experience with both analytical chemistry and bench scale formulation development
- High integrity, excellent attention to detail, analytical thinker, ability to organize and prioritize, and work in team environment, take initiative
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written
At Bimeda we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
The job posting is available in an accessible format upon request by contacting the Human Resources Manager
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimise the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation programme sees six state-of-the art R&D centres across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialisation of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.
More Info at www.bimedacareers.com