- Provide strategic input into the company’s vaccine development strategy and priority of projects.
- Interface with the USDA as needed to support R&D projects.
- Oversee the development of field trials, protocols and final reports in accordance with current USDA guidelines.
- Prepare/Review R&D related documents intended for submission to USDA for accuracy/consistency.
- Identify and recommend any needed equipment and materials for vaccine development.
- Work with Commercial team on identifying new product opportunities.
- Track the progress, costs, and timelines of all projects so that updates can be easily viewed outside of R&D.
- Evaluate new disease antigens for inclusion into product line.
- Oversee operation of R&D equipment.
- Interface with USDA compliance officers during facility inspections as required.
- Work with Commercial department to provide technical input, and potential writing, of technical information used in the field.
- Speak at industry events that are science or R&D based where experience and science background would support
- Interface with customers on a as needed basis to support the vaccine products and the science behind the products
- Master’s Degree required, PhD or DVM preferred
- Working knowledge of laboratory microbiology (including immunology, bacteriology, virology, and molecular biology) as it relates to cattle infectious disease required.
- Working knowledge of Cattle production operations (Feedlot, Dairy, Ranch/Farm) required.
- Commercial company background including regulatory and clinical experience related to USDA licensed veterinary biologics preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong math and computer skills (including MS Office).
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Up-to-date knowledge of relevant USDA industry guidelines.
- Strong understanding of analytical instruments (how they work, how to maintain/repair them, how to use the software, etc.)
- Some supervisory training preferred.
- Highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work effectively cross-functionally with all other departments, and builds trust through active collaborations.
- Strong leadership and mentoring abilities.
- Positive can-do attitude and willingness to be flexible when project priorities change.
- Good command of the English language. Fluent in any other languages a plus.