Key Role Specific Requirements:
Supply Coordination & Inventory Management:
- Run MRP regularly to understand purchasing decisions and plans to ensure timely delivery, receipt and testing of goods and new products.
- Grasp the fundamentals of Bimeda’s supply chain processes & limitations and coordinate with purchasing teams to ensure that appropriate plans are in place to mitigate potential problems
- Monitor and track material orders to suppliers to schedule, expedite and coordinate the delivery and movement of critical material, including material transfers and inventory control.
- Provide updates on procurement outcomes to all internal departments (i.e. Warehousing, QA, Planning, QC, Technical Operations and R&D).
- Instruct and advise of shipping and receiving priorities and changes from vendors
- Assist with resolving scheduling issues
- Attend and participate in inter-departmental meetings to represent the concerns of and provide insights from the supply chain perspective
- Perform Inventory adjustments, resolve discrepancies, and inventory reconciliation (backflushing) and provide support to stakeholders as needed
- Accountable for reporting material status at Production Meetings and participate in any other interdepartmental meetings that relate to assigned commodity and/or suppliers
- Analyze supply and demand changes with the objective of identifying trends, areas of risk, and potential improvements
- Supports inventory control & warehousing activities as needed – cross-train others.
- Provide back-up and support to purchasing department as needed
- Assists in the management of short-term operational issues when required
- Act as back-up to the Production scheduler as needed
Vendor Management & Reporting:
- Operate in conjunction with buyers and coordinate all vendor related documentation including certificates of analysis & testing, technical specifications, Standard Operations Procedures, Change Requests etc.
- Take the lead on resolving supplier complaints – work closely with Compliance Associate and QA.
- Support Purchasing team as required and assist with escalation potential issues, suggesting resolutions and maintain a log of problems arising from internal and external supply chain constraints
- Know key personnel at each major supplier; understand their manufacturing processes, equipment & systems, quality managements systems and supply/manufacturing constraints to evaluate impact on Bimeda’s supply chain.
- Generate, develop and maintain reports from QAD that provide insight into various supply chain processes as required.
- Generate reports on consumption, budgeting and material forecasts to identify opportunities for purchasing strategies and procurement projects, and act as project coordinator
- Generate reports on obsolete and expired inventory and assist in the rationalization and removal of said inventory to ensure data integrity is maintained within the MRP system
- Review timeline and purchasing constraints data within MRP and assist in altering data to accurately reflect current supply constraints
- Support Materials Manager in maintaining department metrics. Prepare various reports on a monthly or as needed basis for supply chain team.
- Develop and track KPIs while working with impacted departments to benchmark and achieve targeted metrics
- Develop and maintain documentation on Supply Chain processes, SOPs and training materials
- Develop and generate reports related to internal Bimeda departments by working collaboratively with all relevant team members to source and collate data.
Competencies Required for the Role:
- JUDGEMENT – is the ability to make considered decisions or come to a sensible conclusion.
- EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION - Is the ability to convey information to another effectively and efficiently, to listen – help facilitate sharing of information between people. It is about understanding the emotional intention behind the information. The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations, confirm understanding, communicate using data and facts. Exhibit willingness to listen and show respect for oneself and others in interactions with others. express oneself clearly in verbal and business writing.
- CUSTOMER ORIENTATION – The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one’s external or internal customers. Identifies and prioritizes customer needs and recognizes constraints. Seeks to find out more about customers and provide better service. Is professional, reliable and delivers on promises. Brings a competitive focus to customer.
- CHANGE AGILITY/ADAPTABILITY – The ability to demonstrate support for innovation and for organizational changes needed to improve the organization’s effectiveness, initiating, sponsoring, and implementing organizational change. The ability to change or be changed in order to fit or work better on some situation or purpose and embraces change. Strives for continuous improvement.
- FOSTERING COLLABORATION/TEAMWORK- is the ability to work jointly with others or together especially in an intellectual endeavor; the ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team; as a team leader, the ability to demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups to learn to work together. Builds partnerships for global performance. Respects others.
- THOROUGHNESS/DETAIL ORIENTED – Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work ad information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- ANALYTICAL THINKING/PROBLEM SOLVING - is the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from various sources and then tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach. Ability to identify and separate the key components of problems and situations. Ability to interpret information from a range of sources to spot patterns and trends in information and to deduce cause and effect from this.
What You Bring to the Role:
- Minimum 4 to 8 years’ experience within a supply chain role in manufacturing environment
- Post-secondary diploma in business administration, engineering, materials & operations or related fields.
- Planning and coordination skills.
- An understanding of contract language.
- An understanding of pharmaceutical organizations, manufacturing processes and R&D life cycles.
- Strong understanding of purchasing and supply chain systems, Continuous Improvement principles of planning, MRP/ERP systems.
- Intermediate-to-Advanced level computer skills (MS Office, QAD, SAP).
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Proficient analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- A collaborative team player with an ability to think in an agile manner
- Skilled written and verbal communication in English, with proficiency in delivering presentations.
- Pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing experience an asset.
- Experience with Procurement Project Management and/or Commodity Management an asset.
- Enrolment in APICS or SCMAO courses towards certification an asset.
- Knowledge of API’s, excipients, and packaging gained through experience or education in the pharma industry an asset.
- Project Management experience an asset.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Paid Sick Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Defined Contribution Pension plan with employer matching
- Employee Assistance Program
At Bimeda we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
The job posting is available in an accessible format upon request by contacting the Human Resources Manager.