Key Role Specific Requirement:
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with CMOs in scope
- Contribute to strategic sourcing projects to establish sources of supply via market intelligence gathering and analysis, competitive sourcing events costs analyses, strategic analyses, due diligence/compliance assessments.
- Manage contract negotiations (new contracts, contract extensions) Contribute to the continuous development of market intelligence (CMO capabilities, capacity) Maintain CMO contract database to ensure all contracts remain valid
- Proactive management of all CMO pricing and contractual issues including periodic price negotiation
- Develop project plan for technical and product transfers to CMO’s (Gantt charts)
- Assist in preparing plan for launching new CMO products
- Work closely with and assist the Veterinary Registration Manager, R&D Manager, NPI manager, warehousing, quality assurance, supply chain, sales and other relevant parties in ensuring all internal documentation to support sales and products are in place (documentation including but not limited to SOP’s, Change controls, contracts, packing specs. CMO paperwork)
- Reporting/Meetings – Preparation of relevant reports and attendance at meetings as requested.
- Assist with achieving production KPI’s within CMO area.
- Ensuring all CMO performance issues are dealt with in a constructive and prompt manner and escalating to Business development and strategic alliances manager when appropriate
- Draft and ensure compliance to Standard Operating Procedure for CMO management
- Co-operates closely with supply chain organization and senior buyer
- Set-up and maintain twice monthly CMO and insource meeting
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
Competencies Required for the Role:
- BUILDING RELATIONSHIPS – is the process of developing social connections. This is a fundamental business competency that is the basis for reputation, influencing, closing deals and sustaining business relationships.
- CUSTOMER ORIENTATION – The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one’s external or internal customers. Identifies and prioritizes customer needs and recognizes constraints. Seeks to find out more about customers and provide better service. Is professional, reliable and delivers on promises. Brings a competitive focus to customer.
- NEGOTIATION – Is the ability to know how to get what you want; understands the win-win relationships; understands each party’s interest in the situation
- PROBLEM-SOLVING – Is the ability to find solutions to complex problems quickly; know how to identify problems and strengths; good analytical skills.
- RESULTS ORIENTED – The ability to focus on the desired result of one’s own department’s work, setting challenging goals, focusing on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them.
- DECISIVENESS – The ability to make difficult decisions in a timely manner and avoid procrastinating or asking for unnecessary data or information. Makes the right decision, asks the right questions, finds solutions.
- Experience within the pharmaceutical industry (in a cGMP Manufacturing and or Biotechnology, pharmaceutical or medical device company) with a minimum of 2 years at a level with responsibility for production or CMO management
- BS in Engineering or other technical discipline.
- Experience in procurement, setting T&C’s, SLA’s, negotiations
- Supplier Relationship Management experience
- Good knowledge of Demand Planning and forecasting
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills required.
- Proven problem solver with positive pro-active attitude.
- Decision making abilities essential.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of QAD is desirable but not required
- Strong organizational and planning skills are needed.
- Maintaining a team player mentality and customer focus is essential.
- Ability to proactively seek resolution and react quickly when unfavorable circumstances arise
At Bimeda we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
The job posting is available in an accessible format upon request by contacting the Human Resources Manager.