- Adhere to established policies, rules and regulations, and standard operating procedures
- Warehouse organization, adheres and complies with cGMP's
- Organize and maintain stock of warehousing materials
- Adhere to safety and housekeeping of the Warehouse/Work Area
- Receives incoming raw material and packaging components. Compares identifying information and quantities on the packing slip against the purchase order,counts items for verification, and indicates any discrepancies.
- Receives all raw materials, supplies, and components through the ERP system, preferably QAD
- Maintain and assign lot numbers to raw materials used in production
- Proficient in ERP system software, with emphasis in the Operations / Supply Chain functionality
- Backflushes inventory from Production injectable line and non-sterile powder line
- Work closely with Supply Chain & Finance Manager in scheduling product shipments and incoming shipments.
- Works closely with logistic suppliers in setting up shipments when notified by management
- Complete daily inventory transactions including inventory transfers, inventory adjustments and disposals in the inventory database
- Oversee all inventory transactions and movements to maintain accurate and complete records
- Prepares bills of lading for each shipment and checks all items loaded for shipment
- Performs weekly random cycle counts
- Material Handling (may be required to lift up to 50 lbs)
- Forklift certification or ability or ability to be certified.
- Operates and support forklift certification of production personnel.
- Visually inspects forklifts and electric “Walkie” daily, prior to use.
- Maintains cleanliness and control of Hazardous Material cage in the warehouse
- Maintains thorough knowledge of labelling process and Label equipment.
- Organizes product labelling area.
- Labels product per batch packaging configuration forms
- Issues product labels for packaging line
- Record information accurately in batch record and log books. Immediately report any discrepancies to Supervisor
- Maintains visual qualification to inspect finished product
Supply Chain support
- Create and/or update standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as required
- Investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies in a timely manner
- Analyses systems and processes and impact on business performance. Develops and implement protocols and practices to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of strategic initiatives on inventory/warehouse management
- Drive continuous improvement of the supply’s movement
- Works on problems of a diverse scope, where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
Other activities will include
- Assisting sterile operations in cleaning/sanitization of clean rooms
- Assists packaging line operations and provides relief of line operators
- Any Special Projects or Assignments
- Meet production quality and quantity standards as per production SOP’s
Experience and knowledge:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical or medical Supply Chains with international distribution experience
- Previous experience in Logistics, Distribution, and Supply Chain
- In depth knowledge of warehouse operations in a cGMP setting
- Experience working in a sterile manufacturing environment
- Skilled in Inventory Management
- Must have excellent attention to detail and record keeping capabilities
- Has and must be trained to receive IATA, RCRA, DOT Hazmat and any other certifications/training that management feels are required/necessary.
- QAD experience would be a plus
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment
- Works well in a fast-paced environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimise the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation programme sees six state-of-the art R&D centres across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialisation of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.
More Info at www.bimedacareers.com