Key Role Specific Requirements
- Maintain a safe work environment to conform to all OSHA, state and local laws. Ensure work area is organized in a safe manner, equipment operates properly, and any safety issues are reported and corrected promptly.
- Maintain work environment in compliance with SOP’s, cGMP’s and FDA regulations.
- Issue raw materials and packaging items to production while maintaining accurate physical inventory.
- Receive finished product, raw materials, and packaging items. Verify incoming item using purchase order and specifications, inspect for damage, appropriately identify, and move to correct storage location based on temperature requirements, complete appropriate documentation and computer transactions.
- Prepare product for shipment, ensure Bill of Lading is accurate and adhere to shipping conditions per product requirements. Complete appropriate documentation and computer transactions.
- Process documentation for returned product, complete appropriate documentation and computer transactions.
- Prepare and ship trade show materials, including show booths, samples and documents according to requests from the Sales and Marketing Team.
- Utilize forklift, motorized pallet jack or manual pallet jack and pallet wrapping equipment, to safely prepare, load and unload incoming and outgoing shipments. Complete daily safety check and report unsafe conditions immediately.
- Actively participate in the Bimeda Continuous Improvement program by supporting projects and project team members, suggesting efficiency improvements and striving to eliminate waste in all operations.
- Adhere to all DOT regulations, including completion of Hazardous Material/Shipping certification.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
- 6-9 months previous experience in Logistics or Production
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Basic computer and data entry skills
- Proficient in written and verbal English language
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, with emphasis on Excel
- Demonstrate excellent reasoning skills
- Good interpersonal and customer service skills required
- Have or able to obtain a DOT health card by completing a DOT physical
- Have or able to obtain class “C” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with Hazmat endorsement.
- Manage competing priorities
- Lift 50 pounds and maneuver 100 pounds.
- Able to stand for long periods of time and must be able to walk, sit, bend, push/pull, stoop, kneel, crouch, or reach frequently.
- 1-2 years previous experience in a distribution environment
- Knowledge of QAD or other inventory control systems
- Hazmat training
- Class “C” CDL with Hazmat endorsement
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimize the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation program sees six state-of-the art R&D centers across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialization of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.
More Info at www.bimedacareers.com