Key Role Specific Requirement:
- Maintain a safe environment to conform to all OSHA, state and local laws and develop safety improvement plans as necessary. Inspect physical condition of warehouses, vehicles and equipment and order maintenance, repair, or replacement as required
- Prepare and manage expense budgets to ensure operations are in control. Make sound decisions that consider cost/benefit. Utilize lean tools to provide continuous improvement of all key cost metrics
- Provide leadership to warehouse staff, including recruiting and selecting employees, assigning work, providing Performance Management training, coaching and development, evaluating performance and building a motivated, effective team.
- Plan, direct and organize all phases of product receipt and distribution to comply with FDA and cGMP requirements, including proper shipping and storage of temperature-controlled products. Ensure adequate, timely and accurate delivery of quality product to all customers.
- Review and analyze inventory and inventory procedures to improve inventory control methods and space management. Investigate and reconcile inventory discrepancies to maintain a high level of inventory accuracy.
- Negotiate effectively with freight carriers to obtain best rates and promote shipments to lowest rate carriers.
- Utilize Lean tools to make recommendations and participate in the implementation of changes regarding operational improvements including for example: equipment replacement, resource alignment in support of business plans and development of cost-effective procedures/systems
- Ensure compliance with DOT regulations, including Hazardous Material Handling/Shipping Certification for all appropriate staff.
- Ensure all warehouse employees are trained, certified, and licensed to operate material handling equipment, and SOP’s.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
- 5+ year’s previous experience in a warehousing environment with 3+ years in a leadership role.
- BS in Business
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to motivate, lead and positively influence people
- Effective communication skills
- 8+ years of experience in a pharmaceutical warehousing environment with 5+ years in a leadership role.
- BS in Business or Supply Chain Management
- Certification in Lean with proven experience and accomplishments
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, with strong Excel skills
- Experience with QAD software
- Experience in the implementation of barcode and scanning equipment
- Experience with and ability to develop and maintain metrics
- Organization and time management
- Critical thinking and problem resolution
- Demonstrated team leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to recruit, teach, mentor and positively influence individuals in a fast-paced environment.
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimize the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation program sees six state-of-the art R&D center across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialization of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.
More Info at www.bimedacareers.com