Reporting to the Production Manager, this is a hands-on role key to the co-ordination of sterile and non-sterile supply chain and warehouse management; consisting of logistics, supply, warehouse management and the proactive planning of supply chain improvements to better meet business goals and objectives. Ensures smooth operations of facility as a gatekeeper for raw materials in and product out encompassing all aspects. This role does not have direct reports.
Key Role Specific Requirements
- Adhere to established policies, rules and regulations, and standard operating procedures
- Maintains warehouse and outside yard in a clean and orderly fashion (6S) that is conducive to productivity and GMP compliant
- Organize and maintain stock of warehousing materials
- Proficient in ERP system software, with emphasis in the Operations / Supply Chain functionality
- Receives all raw materials, supplies, and components through the ERP system, preferably QAD. This may include de-palletizing and re-palletizing of materials.
- Ensures that all materials received are in alignment with purchase orders and other shipping/purchasing documentation.
- Organizes and maintains shipping and receiving documentation. Forwards all required documentation to corporate accounts payable personnel as required
- Performs weekly random cycle counts and prepares reports accordingly
- Generates reports as required/requested such as expiring materials reports, components status reports, where used reports, material availability reports, etc.
- Investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies in a timely manner
- Using a combination cycle count data and other Kanban tools, works closely with supply chain/planning personnel to ensure that an adequate inventory of raw materials, packaging components, labelling materials, and all other essential supplies is maintained to adhere to established production schedule
- Backflushes inventory from Production injectable line and non-sterile powder line
- Complete daily inventory transactions including inventory transfers, inventory adjustments and disposals in the inventory database
- Coordinates shipping of commercial shipments of materials other than finished goods (e.g., equipment, large samples, etc.) and prepares all relevant documentation including BOL, shippers, commercial invoices, etc.
- Will be responsible for safe operation of forklifts and will maintain the Forklift certification and safety program for site.
- Maintains cleanliness and control of Hazardous Material cage in the warehouse
- Create and/or update standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as required
- Drive continuous improvement of the supply’s movement
- Works on problems of a diverse scope, where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors
- Analyzes systems and processes and impact on business performance. Develops and implement protocols and practices to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of strategic initiatives on inventory/warehouse management
- Exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- Understands KPIs and strategically develops plans to address warehousing/logistics KPIs
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.
Competencies Required for the Role
RESPONSIVENESS AND OPENNESS TO CHANGE - is the ability to respond to change with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new ways to accomplish activities and objectives.
EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION - Is the ability to convey information to another effectively and efficiently, to listen – help facilitate sharing of information between people. It is about understanding the emotional intention behind the information. The ability to express oneself clearly in conversations, confirm understanding, communicate using data and facts whilst adapting to one’s audience. Exhibit willingness to listen and show respect for oneself and others in interactions with others. Express oneself clearly in verbal and business writing.
ANALYTICAL THINKING/PROBLEM SOLVING - is the ability to identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from various sources and then tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach. Ability to identify and separate the key components of problems and situations. Ability to interpret information from a range of sources to spot patterns and trends in information and to deduce cause and effect from this.
PLANNING – is the process of thinking about and organizing the activities required to achieve a desired goal.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Strong knowledge of and understanding of pharmaceutical or medical supply chains with international distribution experience
- Previous experience in logistics, distribution, and supply chain
- In depth knowledge of warehouse operations in a cGMP setting
- Able to lift and carry 50lbs
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Push, pull, bend and reach above shoulder height
- Skilled in inventory management
- Ability to be trained to receive IATA, RCRA, DOT Hazmat and any other certifications/training that management deems necessary/required
- Team player
- Ability to observe safety and security procedures and comply with policies
- Excellent attention to detail and strong record keeping capabilities
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions in English; communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Must have good command of the English language.
- Experience working in a sterile manufacturing environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Familiar with cGMPs
Bimeda is a leading global innovator, manufacturer and marketer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and animal health products and has over half a century’s experience in providing science-driven solutions to optimize the health, wellbeing and productivity of the world’s animals.
Bimeda’s global innovation program sees six state-of-the art R&D centers across four continents collaborate on an enviable product development pipeline which anticipates the ever-evolving needs of the animal health industry.
Bimeda’s nine manufacturing facilities across seven countries allow the company to manufacture a broad range of preventative, curative and nutritional products including sterile injectables, vaccinations, nutritional boluses, feed additives, tablets, water-soluble powders, pastes and non-sterile liquids.
Globally, the company focuses on the development, manufacture and commercialization of quality Bimeda-branded products while also being the partner of choice for contract manufacturing and R&D services for prominent companies within the animal health industry.
More Info at www.bimedacareers.com