Reporting to the Global Purchasing Manager, in partnership with the Master Scheduler, this position will play a key role in supporting operations by coordinating all aspects of the Supply Chain at the site to ensure the daily, weekly and monthly supply chain related activities are aligned to meet the plant & corporate business goals and objectives.
This is a site support function, reporting into the centralized supply chain structure for North America and EU, meaning the role will directly support of the site Plant Manager, but this may involve collaboration with other site supply chain personnel, and objectives/directives coming from the global supply chain.
The role is required to review, develop, maintain and execute best in class & standardized supply chain processes and practices to plan, schedule, purchase, coordinate, monitor and improve the various supply chain processes.
Alongside the Site Plant Manager‐ the role is required to identify needs, define plans and execute actions to maximize the use of ERP and MRP systems to optimize inventory levels at the right cost. The role is also required to ensure the required materials for manufacturing and support are available at the right time with the highest quality and compliance to ensure smooth, on time manufacturing and release of finished
products to the customers.
- Accountable for all material requirements for production, which means purchasing of all raw materials and packaging components, plus any other associated supply chain activities.
- Accountable for creating and maintaining the site production schedule, 12-months rolling with 3-months firm, with close collaboration and alignment with the Master Scheduler.
- Ensuring material requirements are satisfied On Time In Full with inventory levels and cash flow in mind.
- Regular review and analysis of MRP to make optimal purchasing plans/decisions to ensure material requirements are satisfied compliantly, on-time, safely, and at the most competitive cost.
- Supplier management, which includes using data for supply planning and strategic negotiations, as well as measuring supplier performance through metrics.
- Must be an advocate for continuous improvement and waste elimination and take the lead on such activities. Works collaboratively between departments, taking the lead on supply related projects, issues, and processes. Supporting KPI data collection and reporting as necessary, while demonstrating a commitment to safety, quality,compliance, and continuous improvement.
- Supports the Plant Manager, Director of Quality Assurance at the site– in production and quality systems compliance.
- Supports and performs all other required tasks and duties as assigned.
SPECIFIC SKILL REQUIREMENTS
5 years supply chain practices and
processes in manufacturing industries –
as a Buyer, Production Scheduler, or
proportionate supply chain role.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to undertake other relevant duties commensurate with the grading of the post. Activities may be subject to amendment over time as the role develops and/or priorities and requirements evolve.