Reporting to the Micro supervisor, the student will be responsible for supporting the lab within a GMP environment by performing several tasks as necessary for its efficient operation. Includes basic microbiological testing, preparing media, disinfectant and reagents, monitoring of equipment and general laboratory admin support.
What You’ll Do:
- Archiving documents for reviewed logbooks/files
- Data entry for quarterly EM reports / annual daily water report
- SOP/document updates
- COA printing and documentation
- Media/fluid preparations (prepare, autoclave, label)
- Gram staining (verifications are performed by 2nd analyst)
- Plate reading (verifications are performed by 2nd analyst)
- Or performing subcultures for full ID and gram stains
- Visual Inspection for HDPE bottles
- Media fill inspections (3 scheduled for June/July) – Performed alongside microbiologists
- Water collection – purified water collection SP013 pipe-twice a day as this water is used to make media and EP fluid-water for injection collection
- Daily water collection prep (label and prepare bottles for collection)
- Perform daily balance calibration
- Prepare Clinicide solution bottles – fill and distribute in other areas as required
- Autoclave prep – wrapping items and starting cycles
- Transfer samples to sterility
- Visual inspection: on 48 samples from production
- Clean daily waste in the lab.
What You Bring to The Role:
- Enrolled in University with courses in Microbiology or Biology preferred
- Some knowledge of working with a variety of microbiological media. Able to use aseptic technique
- Competency working with Microsoft Word and Excel
- High integrity, excellent attention to detail, analytical thinker, ability to organize and prioritize, and work in team environment, take initiative
- Work is performed in a lab environment
- Location is 420 Beaverdale Rd, Cambridge, ON
- Role duration: ASAP to September 3, 2021
- Timings: 6:30am- 1:00pm
At Bimeda we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
The job posting is available in an accessible format upon request by contacting the Human Resources Manager.