About the role:
Reporting to the Plant Manager, this position is responsible for the flow of information and material through the facility by managing key material-related functions including: purchasing, procurement, material planning, production scheduling, inventory control, warehousing, logistics, shipping and receiving. This role is responsible for maximizing service levels to a number of internal and external customers and manage business processes within QAD system such as MRP. Enforcing inventory management policies is a responsibility of this role which includes cycle counting and inventory accuracy, material availability and picking for production, backflushing and shipping.
What you'll do:
- Maintain relationships with key suppliers and negotiate pricing and terms.
- Research potential vendors for new sourcing opportunities.
- Ensure all purchasing activity is executed timely and completely to support the manufacturing schedule.
- Facilitates the qualification of new vendors.
- Manage vendor disputes and material/component quality concerns.
- Maintain MRP data to ensure accuracy and reliability of information.
- Develop and maintain key performance metrics.
- Coordinate with the Master Planner and production supervisors to ensure a rolling daily production schedule is prepared by the Production Scheduler to meet the specified demand.
- Monitor schedule adherence against the published schedule.
- Ensure all work order maintenance activities are complete and up to date.
- Collaborate with production to better optimize the production schedule.
- Coordinate with QA and QC to assure that raw materials are tested and released to accommodate the production schedule
- Lead and facilitate the Wall of Make meetings to ensure all material is available 4 weeks in advance of scheduled batch production.
- Manage inventory levels to company targets.
- Manage inventory to ensure material on hand is available for production.
- Leads the resolution of the risk material to final disposition (hold, expired/re-test, reject) in a timely manner.
- Enforce cycle count policy and inventory accuracy targets.
- Ensure work order inventory reconciliation and backflushing is completed in a timely manner.
- Evaluate processes and systems to improve flow and accuracy of information.
- Lead initiative in data management and alignment.
- Manage the configuration of purchasing and planning parameters in the MRP system to improve planning and purchasing efficiencies.
- Supervise, coach and mentor staff.
- Create Dashboards and metrics for purchasing and scheduling.
What you bring to the role:
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a variety of progressive supply chain roles in a Regulated environment with a minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership role managing direct reports
- Post secondary degree or diploma in business administration, supply chain, materials and operations, finance or related field.
- Advanced knowledge, experience and understanding of various ERP systems
- Advanced MRP analysis
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong understanding of contract language, laws and regulations relating to procurement and contracts.
- Strong analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills.
- Collaborative leader that can drive change
- Persuasive, motivational, persistent
- Effective at working in a fast- paced environment, specifically in a leadership capacity
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Must demonstrate excellent reasoning skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Must be able to manage competing priorities
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Knowledge of cGMP.
- Knowledge of APIs, excipients, and packaging gained through experience or education in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Project management experience.
- CSCP or CPIM (APICS-ASCM).
- CSCMP (Supply Chain Association of Ontario).
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Holidays
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Paid Sick Days
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Pension plan
- Employee Assistance Program
At Bimeda we are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier-free and accessible environment. Part of this commitment includes arranging accommodations to ensure an equitable opportunity to participate in the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.